Venue booked. Speakers scheduled. Sponsors in place. Next task, filling up the seats — perhaps one of the most challenging aspects of event planning. From classes to conferences, attendees make or break our events. And with no-shows sometimes topping 60%, having a solid event marketing plan to drive registrations is key.
HubSpot to the rescue in collaboration with Constant Contact, providing us with a detailed Step by Step Guide for Event Marketing, from setting up your online event page, promoting it, tracking your progress, running real-time promotions, and post-event follow-ups.
Here are our Top 10 Picks:
- Create a brief video invitation and post on YouTube
- Add social media sharing links throughout your event pages
- Prepare Tweets your employees [or planning committee members] can share
- Always include a hashtag when promoting the event on Twitter
- Launch Facebook “Like” Promotions with Discount Codes
- Measure registrations by channel
- Do live-blogging [or tweets] during the event
- Post photos in real-time using social media
- Offer archived event materials to non-attendees
- Produce a video summarizing the experience [and post to your blog, website and various social media sites]
This is one Infographic worthy of pinning to your bulletin board.