Alison Murdock, Christina Dunham, DNA Lounge, Ethan Beard, Featured Event, Jack Dunham, Kristian Segerstrale, Phil Kaplan, Rainbow Party, Raj Kapoor, Silicon Valley Rocks, Silicon Valley Tech Execs, Tim Chang
On Thursday, December 12, 2013, Silicon Valley Tech Execs shed their suits and stilettos and dust off their drum sticks to rock the stage at DNA Lounge at the 6th Annual Silicon Valley Rocks!, a benefit concert to keep music education in schools.
Founded by Alison Murdock in 2008, Silicon Valley Rocks! attracts over 400 music enthusiasts every year with its roster of high-caliber cover and original bands, all of whom have members with roots in the tech industry. Each event features 6-8 bands from a variety of genres, from funk and Motown, to rock and pop, all the way to EDM and hip-hop.
This year’s line-up includes:
- DJ Forty Fivan (Maravil)
- Peter Chung Band featuring Randi Zuckerberg (Supercell, BASIS, BranchOut, Facebook)
- South Hero (Facebook)
- nSLASHa (Apple, mFoundry)
- Regime (BandPage, featuring members of Big Light)
- Open Source Band (Gigaom, Walden Venture Capital, Lyric Find/RDIO)
- Coverflow/Rainbow Party (Mayfield, FitMob, Froomz, Initial Capital)
- Blues Deluxe (Gracenote)
- The Funkery (Pandora, Stand Sure)
Froomz’ very own Christina Dunham will be performing with Rainbow Party, a spin-off project from Coverflow. Using purely digital instruments, the band plays an experimental fusion of electro, dubstep, trap and electronic dance music by artists like David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Tiesto, Daft Punk and Deadmau5, woven with touches of Top 40 hits and other familiar favorites. Members include Pangfua Her, Tim Chang, Kristian Segerstrale, Jack Dunham and Phil Kaplan. Raj Kapoor and Ethan Beard of Coverflow will be rounding out the band for Thursday’s performance.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Music in Schools Today (MUST), a non-profit organization that provides music enrichment, music integration and music education programs to school kids from K-12. Tickets are $25 for General Admission and $50 for VIP Access. Visit SV Rocks for more information.
- Silicon Valley Rocks! returns to SF on Thurs., Dec. 12 [GigaOM]
- Rainbow Party Melds EDM and Live Music with No Lack of Hacks and Tweaks [SVRocks]