This week’s featured venue is the SS Jeremiah O’Brien
Named after the first American to capture a British naval vessel during the Revolutionary War, the Liberty Ship SS Jeremiah O’Brien was built in 1943 in South Portland, Maine and has made seven World War II voyages, ranging from England and North Ireland to South America, India and Australia.
The 441 foot SS Jeremiah O’Brien is available for lease to cruise around the beautiful San Francisco Bay for up to 800 passengers. It can be used for day, evening or weekend events for corporate or non-profit functions and private events. Individual areas available for rent include:
- The #2 Tween Cargo Hold – 250 capacity | $250 minimum spend
- The #3 Tween Cargo Hold – 85 capacity | $150 minimum spend
- Main Deck – 250 capacity | $400 minimum spend
- Officer’s Salon – 25 capacity | $150 minimum spend
To date, it is the only active Liberty Ship in its original configuration and one of two Liberty ships still known to be active, the other one being the SS John W. Brown in Baltimore.
The ship has been reviewed by the Queen of England and visited by US Presidents, but it’s most famous for having served as back-drop for James Cameron’s major motion picture, Titanic. For more information about venue rental packages, visit SS Jeremiah O’Brien on Froomz.
- San Francisco Party Venues Are Now Available For Booking Holiday Events via Froomz.com (virtual-strategy.com)