Banquet, Boardroom, Classroom, Event Planning, Event QuickTips, FAQs for Venues, Help Center, Hollow Square, Reception, Room Capacity, Room Configuration, Seating assignment, Tips & Tricks, U-Shape, Venue Management, Venue Rental, Workspace
When searching for and selecting venues, it is important for meeting and event planners to note all available room configuration options in order to maximize attendee count and activity flow. Venues with fixed furniture arrangements won’t offer you with much flexibility, while those with modular furniture and retractable walls provide you with a world of possibilities.
Because events are heavily dependent on room set-up and lay-out, venue listings on Froomz.com include available configurations and corresponding maximum capacity to help guide your room selection.
The available Room Configurations on Froomz are as follows:
- Banquet – Seating at rounds or rectangles with or without a buffet setup.
- Boardroom – Best for meetings or round-table discussions
- Theater – Seating in rows of chairs where all guests are facing the front of the room.
- Hollow Square – Large square with a large space in the center where all guests can look at each other.
- Workspace – This configuration is dependent upon what type of work is being done, or what is needed in facilitating the work to be done.
- U-Shape – As it implies, the seating is in a U shape typically all guests are facing the front of the room.
- Classroom – Best for lectures, workshops or training sessions
- Reception – Typically, no seating is available but use of high boys or cocktail tables for drinks are available.
- Outdoor – Depending upon the capacity of the space, this would be use of the outdoor space, may be used for cocktail receptions or for banquet seating.
- At the Homepage – www.froomz.com or Any Page – Click on Manage your Venue – in the upper right hand.
- Locate the listing that you would like to edit or change.
- Click on Edit Basic Information.
- Scroll down the page to Configuration.
- Enter the Configuration.
- Click on Submit to save your work.