With Super Bowl Frenzy in full swing, we thought we’d take a look at one of the ways Americans celebrate their favorite sport — by tailgating. Wikipedia defines a tailgate party as “a social event held on and around the open tailgate of a vehicle.” In 1998, John Madden even wrote a book about this, entitled John Madden’s Ultimate Tailgating.
This cool Infographic shows us how “tailgating has grown into a science, an art and a multi-billion-dollar industry.
Check out these interesting stats:
- 42% spend more than $500 per season on food and supplies
- 30% of tailgaters never even set foot inside the stadium
- 95% prepare their food at the stadium, with 59% using a combination of grills, smokers and stoves
- 51% set up at least 3-4 hours before the game
- 21% will throw as many as 11-15 tailgate parties during the year
- The Number One beer served at these parties: Bud Light!
Tailgating not for you? Check out this post on with tips on how to plan your own Super Bowl Party at home.
Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Enjoy the game at home, at the stadium, or at the parking lot.